Privacy Statement for Windrush Business Services Ltd (Company number : 8427519).
Scope : All Data subjects whose Personal Data is collected in line with GDPR guidance by Windrush Business Services Ltd (hereafter referred to as WBS).
Responsibilities : The business owner, all Employees and Staff of WBS who collect, use or maintain Personal Data are responsible for ensuring that this document is readily available and that consent (written or verbal) to the processing of such Data is secured or the Legal Basis for processing is communicated clearly.
Privacy & Use of Data : The Personal Data we collect from you will be used purely to undertake your specific instructions in regard to our line of business – namely bespoke Accountancy Services. The Personal Data we hold will never be sold to 3rd parties. We only share personal data with others when absolutely necessary for the purposes for which we hold it and where appropriate contractual arrangements and security mechanisms are in place.
We may pass your personal data to:
- HMRC in order to complete your Tax Return or Year End Accounts if this is something you have asked us to do on your behalf
- Suppliers that support us and help provide services to our clients, such as providers of cloud-based software, IT systems, security, archiving storage, recruitment, marketing and payment services.
- Professional advisors, auditors or insurers, where we are required by law or as reasonably required in the management of our business.
- Law enforcement or other government and regulatory agencies or to other third parties, where we are required by law, the courts or any legal or regulatory authority we are subject to. We will only provide personal data in this circumstances where permitted or there is a legal requirement.
We do not use your Personal Data for any automated processing including profiling, nor will your Personal Data be used for Marketing purposes by us, nor will your Personal Data be divulged to 3rd parties for such purposes.
Legal Basis : We rely on several lawful basis of processing when we collect and use personal data to operate our business and provide products and services to our clients. These include:
- Public interests – where the processing of data is necessary for providing certain services to clients (eg statutory audit) or for certain requirements we are subject to.
- Legal obligations – in order to comply with the legal and regulatory obligations we are subject to as a provider of regulated services and as a commercial business.
- Contract – in order to perform contractual obligations we may have with an individual or to take steps to enter into a contract with an individual.
- Consent – where an individual has freely given consent at the time their personal data was provided to us.
- Legitimate interests – the legitimate interests can be ours, our clients or other third parties (eg to provide our services, to develop or protect our business, or to keep people informed about relevant products and services) and we always balance the rights of individuals with ours’ and others’ legitimate interests.
Consent : By consenting, you are giving WBS permission to process your Personal Data, specifically for the purposes of providing you with an agreed level of Accountancy Services.
Retention : Personal Data collected by WBS will be retained for a period of no more than 10 years after any business relationship ceases.
Right to be forgotten : You can ask us to erase or delete your personal data when we no longer need it for the purposes it was obtained.
Review of Data : You have the right to view all Personal Data that we hold about you at any time by putting your request in writing to us at our registered business address. Upon receipt of your instruction, we will acknowledge your request in writing and a full response will be available no more than 28 working days later.
Right of rectification : You have the right to correct any Personal Data that we hold about you which is inaccurate of incomplete by advising us of the necessary updates in writing to us as at our registered business address.
Right to Complain : At any time, you can Complain about the way in which your Data is retained, used or otherwise. You can write to the “Data Controller” at our registered business address.
Should any of the information in the above document be unclear or give you reason to question us, please feel free to get in touch with us in whichever way suits you best.
Document date : May 2018